Imagine scrolling on your Instagram feed or checking your Snapchat stories and finding out that your best friends are having a blast at a rock concert. To make it worse, they didn't invite you to come along. Sounds all too familiar? Or how about the mother who is busy taking care of her children while her single friends are at the latest club. Deep down inside, the mother feels that her burdens are getting in the way of having fun. Quite a nasty feeling, don't you think?
FOMO is a clever acronym that is translated to "Fear of Missing Out". The term is quite popular that I've often seen memes surrounding this subject. Of course, it is a real emotion and unfortunately, not many people know how to cope with such anxiety. While FOMO does have different levels of emotions, this spell can help get a jump start on managing the feeling without taking over your life. Can be done on any day and when the moon is in the waning phase.
You will need:
- The Hermit, The Moon and Temperance cards (your deck of choice).
- Black candle
- A pen and paper
- Lavender essential oil
- In a quiet space, take out your black candle and light it. While the candle is burning, visualize the fears that you would like to remove that's making you feel left out. Take out a pen and paper and write what outcome you would like to see. It doesn't have to be a thesis length. A simple sentence will do. For example, "I wish to feel gratitude with what I have."
- Take a few drops of lavender and rub it on your crown chakra (top of your head). As you're massaging the top of your head, imagine a light beam going through and covering your body with warmth. You can use a carrier oil (such as jojoba or argan oil) to mix with your lavender essential oil if you wish to condition the top of your head.
- Once you feel relaxed, pull out the cards from your deck and place the following in a straight line (The Hermit, The Moon and Temperance) while reciting this spell:
I see the comfort in my solitude
Let the moon shine from above, I feel renewed
Help me restore the balance of my life
Banish the feeling of strife.
- Burn the piece of paper and gather the ashes. Snuff out the candle. Release it to the wind under the moon. Thank the Goddess as you do so.
I hope you enjoyed this tarot spell! Let me know in the comments what you think. I would appreciate if you can share this article for those who might need the extra boost of help :)