When we were born, our bodies were in development from the time of our infancy to our current state. As humans, we're always in a state of constant evolution. Some are able to embrace the changes, while others may not feel too comfortable in their own skin. Suffice to say, at one point in our lifetime, we wished that we could love our own flaws. As a woman, I can understand the struggles on what it's like to witness the many bodily changes, especially after becoming a mother.
The Full Moon in Taurus offers the ability to appreciate our own securities as well as the beauty around us. As this is also my Sun sign, I'm looking forward to providing that moment of self care and accepting my own body in a loving manner. For this tarot spell, we will be channeling the Empress card. While the Empress is a depiction of a motherly figure, she is also an advocate for inner and outer beauty. The planetary association for the Empress is Venus, which is the ruling planet for Taurus.
You will need:
- The Empress card (deck of your choice)
- A mirror
- Rose quartz (mine was purchased from Serenity Oracle)
- Coconut oil (I use SheaMoisture 100% Extra Virgin Coconut Oil as this is perfect for head to toe hydration)
- On the day of the Full Moon in Taurus, take a shower or bath at any time. Once done, apply coconut oil all over the skin. Coconut oil is rich in Vitamin E and helps leave your skin soft to the touch. Pay special attention to the areas of your body that you may be feeling uncomfortable at the moment. Whether if you're not happy with your thighs or your tummy, give it some extra love. Imagine a loving aura encapsulating those areas.
- In a safe area, bring The Empress card, a mirror and a rose quartz to your space. If your mirror has a standing handle, be sure to place it upright so this way you can see your reflection. Place the rose quartz next to The Empress card.
- While looking at yourself in the mirror, recite the following incantation:
Empress of beauty and love
I offer this rose quartz
My insecurities, I shall empty of
Today I honour my body
My fears shall be set free
As it is, so mote it be
- Leave The Empress card, mirror and rose quartz in a safe area during the Full Moon in Taurus. Once the moon moves to the next sign, you may remove them. Be sure to thank your spirit guides for their assistance.
I hope you enjoyed this spell! Let me know what you think in the comments.